The Sustainable Food Trust’s Food and Farming Conference, hosted at Fir Farm, is back again this year, bringing together leaders from the farming, business, finance, NGO, research and policy sectors.
The event will include keynote talks and panel sessions exploring the urgent need for a radical transformation of our food and farming systems in response to the challenges of climate change, food security, biodiversity loss and poor public health.
The two-day event will include a farm tour and a dinner on Wednesday evening, featuring seasonal, local food.
Sessions on Day One
- Climate, nature and health: How can farming respond to the challenges?
- Feeding Britain: How should I farm? What should I eat?
- Measuring sustainability: The key to unlocking change
- Farm tour led by David Wilson
Sessions on Day Two
- Green Finance: Making sustainable farming pay
- The Government: Policies to support the transition
- Local Food Systems: Overcoming barriers to change
- Conclusions: Where do we go from here?
Speakers announced so far:
- Minette Batters, President of the National Farmers’ Union
- Dominic Buscall, Co-owner and Manager of Ken Hill Estate
- The Rt. Hon Lord Benyon, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at DEFRA
- James Close, Head of Climate Change, NatWest Group
- Henry Dimbleby, Co-Founder of Leon and National Food Strategy Lead
- David Edwards, Director of Food Strategy at WWF-UK
- Morgan Gillespy, Global Director of the Food and Land Use Coalition at the World Resources Institute
- Dr John Gilliland, Director of Global Agriculture and Sustainability at Devenish
- Andy Gray, Elston Farm and Founder of the Meat Box Company
- The Rt. Hon John Gummer, Lord Deben, Chairman of the Committee on Climate Change
- James Harding, Co-Founder and Editor, Tortoise Media
- John Kerr, Head of Agriculture Policy Division, Scottish Government
- Ikenna Nzewi, Co-Founder of Releaf
- Sue Pritchard, CEO of the Food, Farming and Countryside Commission
- Gunhild Stordalen, Founder and Executive Chair of the EAT Foundation
- Mark Tufnell, President of the Country Land and Business Association
For full programme details and tickets, head to the Sustainable Food Trust website: https://sustainablefoodtrust.org/events/fir-farm-conference-2022-2/
We look forward to welcoming you at our event!